Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Love Story for Your Life

I just finished watching Randy Pausch's, The Last Lecture, and it makes a person think. As a husband, father, and professor, he has inspired and motivated hundreds and hundreds of people. And that is part of being a teacher because you are helping young lives find their futures. After seeing if for the first time in class, I felt very inspired. But after seeing so much more inside his life, I feel that I can get through absolutely anything. As a future teacher, I want to motivate and inspire my students and let them know that there are no limits in life. And just because there are brick walls does not mean you can not get through them. Life is about living, not dieing, and that is exactly what Randy is doing. And you know what, I may just carry a crayon in my pocket as a reminder.

3 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

I agree, Chloe.

We all seem to take life a bit too seriously at times. Talk to a first grader and see the excitement in his eyes over painting a picture or playing a game. In this crazy world, sometimes we need someone like Randy Pausch to remind us to live our dreams and not let the brick walls get in our way.

Thanks for posting.

**P.S. I think I speak for us all in class when I say that your Anne Frank lesson was EXCELLENT!

sifth said...

I fully agree that his lesson was indeed amazing, and by far one of the best I've ever seen.

mfatouros said...

great post, I hope to one day inspire my students as well. It's the whole reason I want to be a teacher. It would be amazing to actually connect with students and have them remember me.
--Mike